NW & Cascadia Region Eco Calendar - May 9th-15th

Jocelyn Campbell

May 9, 2009, 2:45:32 PM5/9/09
to seattle-e...@googlegroups.com

Hello folks,

It’s Mother’s Day tomorrow and I’m feeling a bit glow-y about being a mom. It’s delusional, I know, because as any of you with teenagers are aware, there’s a reason parents go gray. Ha.

So, here to help you find some learning adventures (apart from, or with, kids and teenagers) are highlights from the Seattle and Cascadia Region Eco Workshops Calendar. My intention with this sampling is to show the huge diversity of what’s available. More events are added daily!

May 9 – Native Plant Sale at Bellevue Botanical Gardens, Bellevue, WA – nice to go just to see the gardens—lovely! (PLUS 15 more events this date)

May 10thFestival of Trees by Plant Amnesty, Sandpoint Magnuson Park in Seattle, WA – free workshops and more! (PLUS 8 more events this date)

May 11thSustainable Small Farming & Ranching, Puyallup, WA – another fabulous WSU Extension program on Mondays March-May (PLUS 1 more event this date)

May 12thManaging Your Water and Energy Usage to Save Money, Eugene, OREugene branch meeting of the Cascadia Green Building Council (PLUS 6 more evens this date)

May 13th-15thCommunity Energy Roadmap: Pacific Northwest Summit and Workshops, Bellevue, WA (PLUS 10 more events these dates)

May 13thLocal Food Year-Round, Renton, WA – by WSU King County Extension (PLUS 3 more events this date)

May 16thBrew Your Own Biodiesel, Shoreline, WA – did you know there are classes in this?! (PLUS 7 more events this date)

May 17th2009 Goal Net Zero Tour, Portland, OR, presented by Solar Oregon. Includes three Net Zero homes – one completed, one under construction and one vintage home undergoing a net zero retrofit. Amazing. (PLUS 3 more events this date)

May 18thDEADLINE for permies.com contest for free ticket to Bullock’s Homestead Intro to Permaculture 3-day course on Orcas Island, WA – you have to post on the forums before this date as your entry to win the ticket, a $200 value.

May 19th-22ndSociety for Ecological Restoration Conference, Lynnwood, WA – includes technical sessions, workshops, field trips and more. (PLUS 19 more events these dates)

May 23rdLED Lighting: Technology for Our Planet and Our Wallets, Vancouver, BC – move beyond the CFL arguments!

May 30thBackyard Water Conservation at Seattle Tilth Demonstration Gardens, Seattle, WA – who couldn’t use this??

Choose your shade of green. Learn. Enjoy the simple (eco) pleasures. Share what you know.

All my best and Happy Mother’s Day to all!

Jocelyn Campbell

Eco Events | QuickBooks | Accounting

jo...@jocelynsevents.com

www.jocelynsevents.com | www.jocelyncampbell.com

~~please think twice before printing this or any e-mail~~

P.S.  Yes, I know I didn’t stop at the 15th. I couldn’t help it! At least I don’t attempt to list EVERYTHING each week any more. There’s simply too much! Which is a good thing. Enjoy!