Planning meeting

Deborah...@kingcounty.gov

Aug 24, 2011, 6:55:38 PM8/24/11
to Seattle Archives Month
Hi all,

August is drawing to a close which means October is fast approaching.
We've sent out a letter inviting participants at both fairs, October
5th and October 29th, and looking for repositories that would like to
be included in our direction.

We haven't received many responsed to our letter and great new ideas
have started surface so I'd like to invite you to another planning
meeting. This one will be held, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 3:00 PM
at NARA.

Please let me know if you can attend.

Thanks,
Deb

Carolyn Marr

Aug 25, 2011, 2:25:16 PM8/25/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Deb,

It looks like I was overly optimistic when I responded that MOHAI could
participate in this fall's Seattle Archives Month. We are just too busy
and frazzled about our upcoming move to focus on anything else. Thanks
for thinking of us anyway, perhaps next year we can participate.

CAROLYN MARR
LIBRARIAN
Museum of History & Industry

2700 24th Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98112-2099
P: 206.324.1126 Ext. 37 | F: 206.324.1346
caroly...@seattlehistory.org

www.seattlehistory.org

Kennedy, Deborah

Aug 25, 2011, 2:35:07 PM8/25/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks Carolyn. Good luck with your move.

Gomes, Janette

Aug 29, 2011, 11:20:19 AM8/29/11
to Seattle Archives Month
Deb-

The Rainier Valley Historical Society would like to participate. Eleanor Boba can be emailed at rvhso...@aol.com:

Janette -- are you still open for folks for the archvies fair? I'd love to participate again.

Eleanor Boba
Executive Director
Rainier Valley Historical Society
3710 S. Ferdinand St.
P O Box 18143
Seattle, WA 98118
(206) 723-1663
www.rainiervalleyhistory.org
Office hours: Wednesdays 1-4, Fridays 10-1, Sundays 10-1 (call to confirm)

Janette Gomes
Assistant Archivist
King County Archives
1215 E. Fir Street
Seattle, WA 98122-5424

www.kingcounty.gov/archives
206-296-1538

Aug 29, 2011, 2:25:36 PM8/29/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Deb and Jodi:
I am out of town from Sept 1st-10 and won't be at the meeting.

Have I missed the call to submit our information for the booklet/brochure( address, photo, etc) ? I have a few days left in town to send something. Otherwise, will I miss the deadline/opportunity?
Thanks!

Mary Sepulveda
Collection Development Coordinator, Special Collections
Seattle University Lemieux Library and McGoldrick learining COmmons
Seattle WA 98122

Aug 29, 2011, 6:20:07 PM8/29/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily:
Thanks for the update. I must have missed the earlier letter.
Response to Questions:
1)  Yes, Seattle University Library would like to participate in Archives Month on October 5 at Seattle Public Library.
2) No,  we will not be participating on October 29th.
3) Yes, we would like to be part of the archival repository guide. I look forward to hearing from you on the information you need.  I will be out of town from Sept. 1-11 so I hope I can meet your deadline for publication.

Thanks so much for including me and for getting back to me so quickly!
Cheers,
Mary Sepulveda
Coordinator of Collection Development; Special Collections
Seattle University Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons

Aug 31, 2011, 6:51:19 PM8/31/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hello-
I will be attending the planning meeting tomorrow at NARA. (not that I have all that much to contribute...but I'm willing!)

We will have 15 tables for the Archives Fair. We may be able to divide/share some of them so that everyone can have a space.

Have we found a speaker yet? I am thinking we might want to try for someone who uses archives which would be quite interesting to a general audience. Something like History Detectives...just a thought.

See you tomorrow.

Jodee

Janette -- are you still open for folks for the archvies fair? I'd love to participate again.

Eleanor Boba
Executive Director
Rainier Valley Historical Society
3710 S. Ferdinand St.
P O Box 18143
Seattle, WA 98118

(206) 723-1663<tel:%28206%29%20723-1663>
www.rainiervalleyhistory.org<http://www.rainiervalleyhistory.org>

Office hours: Wednesdays 1-4, Fridays 10-1, Sundays 10-1 (call to confirm)

Janette Gomes
Assistant Archivist
King County Archives
1215 E. Fir Street
Seattle, WA 98122-5424

www.kingcounty.gov/archives<http://www.kingcounty.gov/archives>
206-296-1538<tel:206-296-1538>

Jodee Fenton

Sep 11, 2011, 6:39:33 PM9/11/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Hi-

I just wanted to followup with you—Seattle University is confirmed for the Archives Fair.  It will open to the public at 10 am on Oct 5 (Wed) and close at 3 pm.  There will a noon program (Paula Becker from HistoryLink will talk about her experience using archives to research Century 21—she is a very engaging speaker).

I’ll have some coffee, Danish/fruit for you all!  And there will be carts in the garage to help you get your things to Level 10.

Looking forward to this!

Jodee

Jodee Fenton, Manager

Special Collections

Hugh and Jane Ferguson Seattle Room

The Seattle Public Library

1000 Fourth Ave

Seattle, WA 98104

Sep 12, 2011, 3:14:12 PM9/12/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jodee, this confirms that Seattle U will be at the Archives Fair.
-Mary