Archives Fair Signup

Jodee Fenton

Sep 6, 2011, 7:29:15 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Hi-

I am your Archives Month Table Host!  Please let me know if you would like a table for the Oct 5 in the Central Library (Seattle Public Library) on Level 10.  I’ll have 15 tables, so it is likely that some you will need to share the space with another archive.  If you are willing/able to share, please let me know.  I may need to assign you a table partner.  Last year we had many many people come thru the exhibits and I think everyone had a really good time.  We’ll promote it to the general public and have a couple of public announcements during the day.

OK-here’s the deal:

1.       Table and chairs will be provided.

2.       You can park in the Library’s garage (enter on Spring St.).  If you want to just unload and park somewhere else, that’s fine.  You have 20 minutes of free parking.  I’ll have carts there for easy unloading.  You can, of course, park all day, see the library’s website for details

http://www.spl.org/locations/central-library/cen-getting-there-and-parking  There are several small lots to the east of I-5 that may have spaces for all day that cost less than the library.  If you get here before 9:30 am and leave before 6 pm the all day fee is $13.  No in/out privileges with that fee.  Most of the garages close by have similar “early bird” offers.  The library opens to the public at 10 am.

3.       We will have signs for the public about the location of the Archives Fair.

4.       You will need to arrange for someone to host your table for the entire time of the Fair if you have any original materials, laptops, purse, etc.  If you plan to attend the lecture (by Paula Becker), please make sure someone is scheduled to cover your table.  It is not wise to leave anything unattended in the public library and I will not have staff available to cover the exhibits.  Our security staff will be monitoring the area, but they have a very large building to cover.

5.       You will have wifi access and there are power outlets in the area.  However, there may not be enough power outlets for everyone, so be prepared to use batteries.

6.       SPL Special Collections will have a coffee/danish service available for you as you set up. However all food will go away when we open at 10 am.  You will be able to keep covered beverages with you.  Food is not permitted in the Library except on Level 3 at the coffee shop.

What else do you all need to know?  I am looking forward to helping you make this a successful and fun event.

Jodee

Jodee Fenton

Special Collections

386-4610

Kennedy, Deborah

Sep 6, 2011, 7:30:13 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

King County Archives would like a table. We could probably share a table with someone else if necessary.

Jodee Fenton

Sep 6, 2011, 7:34:24 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Got you down for 1 table.  I’ll let you know if I need you to partner.

Thanks!

jodee

Winter, Jeff

Sep 6, 2011, 8:02:31 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

Seattle University would like a table. We would be willing to share.

Jeff Winter (on behalf of Mary Sepulveda)

Jeff Winter

Senior Library Technician for Collection Development and Assessment

Resource Acquisition and Management

A.A. Lemieux Library

Seattle University

901 12th Avenue

Seattle, WA 98122-1090

(206) 296-6211

win...@seattleu.edu

Seattle University would like a table. We would be willing to share.

Okazaki, Midori

Sep 6, 2011, 8:11:51 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com

PSRA would like to attend.  We can share a table – I suggest with another government archives, since our collections would complement each other.

Midori Okazaki

Puget Sound Regional Archives

Patty McNamee

Sep 6, 2011, 8:40:22 PM9/6/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
NARA will be attending.

Patty McNamee
Archivist
NARA-Pacific Alaska Region
6125 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
206-336-5117
Fax: 206-336-5112
patty....@nara.gov

>>> Jodee Fenton <Jodee....@spl.org> 9/6/2011 4:29 PM >>>

Frantilla, Anne

Sep 7, 2011, 10:26:24 AM9/7/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Seattle Municipal Archives would like space as well. If there needs to be sharing we would be happy to share a table with PSRA.

Emily Dominick

Sep 7, 2011, 11:10:13 AM9/7/11
to seattle-arc...@googlegroups.com
Providence Archives would also like a space.

Thanks!
Emily Hughes Dominick