Happy Birthday To Us!

1 view

Liz Lacy

Apr 15, 2009, 4:59:44 PM4/15/09
to seasteading-...@googlegroups.com
Fellow Seasteaders,

It was one year ago today that The Seasteading Institute was formally established. In celebration of our first year pursuing the dream of seasteading, we are proud to announce our new membership program! As a non-profit organization, we depend on contributions from our enthusiastic and supportive community. Your generous gifts help to fuel the forward progress of seasteading.

The membership program is designed to give our community a greater sense of ownership in the future of seasteading, and to make it easier for members to participate in community events and learn about the future direction of seasteading. The membership program is available at four different levels, plus a special pledge level, The Argonauts, named for the mythical Greek heroes who sailed the high seas.

In addition to our new membership program, The Seasteading Institute is releasing our first Annual Report and our Organizational Strategy Document.

The Annual Report is an examination of the past year and a peek into our future, along with information on our financial status from an independent accounting firm. We hope you will find it interesting and informative.

The strategy document is a more detailed examination of our specific plans and strategies. It outlines TSIs strategic vision in detail, and provides you with an inside look at how we will work towards a seasteading future. It is our goal to maintain this as living document, growing with the organization. We hope that our community will help to participate in the development of our strategy.

If you are interested in providing feedback on these projects, we invite you to join the discussion in our forums! You can comment on the Membership Program in this post, the Annual Report in this post, and the Strategy Document in this one.

Thank you for your support,

Liz Lacy
Director of Development
The Seasteading Institute