[Licensing question] Doc audit checklist used within The Good Docs Project

Cameron Shorter

Mar 12, 2021, 6:09:23 PM3/12/21
to Season of Docs - Discuss, thegooddo...@groups.io
Season of Docs folks,

Can you please forward this email onto your appropriate legal authority?

Following on from the prior email, we'd like legal confirmation re incorporating the CC-By license used by the Doc audit checklist, into the very permissive BSD-0 license used by The Good Docs Project templates.

If the doc audit checklist is incorporated into the templates, can the templates continue to be published under BSD-0 (assuming there is suitable attribution provided on The Good Docs website somewhere)?

The alternative is The Good Docs templates may need to move to CC-By, which will require steering committee agreement.

Beyond the legal question, we'd like to do the right thing morally too. If you have any thoughts on how you'd like to be attributed, then please share them.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google