Query Regarding GSoD Proposal Submission

Sen K Varghese

Jun 26, 2020, 4:03:49 AM6/26/20
to Season of Docs - Discuss
Hi
I was wondering if I could make a proposal from my 2nd google account too with my same name. So that I can further my chance of getting selected, as then I will be able to make a proposal in a total of 6 projects. I wonder if this is against any rules or regulations.

Thanks in advance

Sen K Varghese

Jun 26, 2020, 10:52:37 AM6/26/20
to Season of Docs - Discuss
Thanks for the reply

Season of Docs

Jun 29, 2020, 3:49:43 PM6/29/20
to Sen K Varghese, Season of Docs - Discuss
Hi Sen,

You can submit a maximum of three project proposals. All your project proposals must be on the same application form. Please find additional information in the technical writer guide

Best,
The Google Season of Docs team

Cameron Shorter

Jun 29, 2020, 6:14:27 PM6/29/20
to Season of Docs, Sen K Varghese, Season of Docs - Discuss
Hi Sen (and any others watching),
Speaking as both a 2019 and 2020 SoD mentor, I encourage you to focus on quality over quantity.
Trust is really important in open source projects, and that builds up over time. Your selector needs to take a chance on you. Are you competent? Are you a lateral thinker? Are you prepared to lean into problems rather than passing it off to someone else?
I'm sure you can say that you are good at all those things, but showing me that you can do that is what builds up trust. And the showing takes time. Stepping into a project, assessing their needs, working out how to solve them, showing by tackling a hardish problem which returns real value. All those things will make a very big difference in showing you are trustworthy, and you won't have time to do it for many projects.
All the best and good luck with your application.

Cameron Shorter,
Mentor for The Good Docs Project.

(Note, these opinions are mine, and don't necessarily represent those of the Google Season of Docs team.)

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google