SearchResearch Challenge (4/17/24): Consider the alternative?

Dan Russell

Apr 17, 2024, 1:54:47 PMApr 17
to searchresearch-we...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

SearchResearch Challenge (4/17/24): Consider the alternative?

"Strange."  I thought...

P/C. OpenAI [create a grid of diverse animal noses including human, dog, cat, gorilla, etc. ]

... early this morning, I noticed that my left nostril was slightly congested.  Now, a couple of hours later, I noticed that my right nostril is slightly congested.

Is this just a peculiarity of people who do SearchResearch?  Or is it a real phenomenon?  Is this all just in my head?

Let's turn this into a SearchResearch Challenge for this week:

1. Is my nose just weird, or do people really have a slow change in breathing from side-to-side over the course of the day?

2. What other kinds of behaviors might happen for a while on one side of the body, and then switch to the other side of the body?  (Think outside the body: What about non-humans?  Do they have these odd behaviors?)

Of course, the real question is how on Earth do you search for something like this?    Any good ideas?  Of course, you'll fact-check what you find...

Let us know what you find out.. and how you discovered it!

Keep searching!

--
Daniel M. Russell
Check out my new book:  The Joy of Search (MIT Press, Winter, 2019)