SearchResearch Challenge (5/8/24): How much is a cappuccino at the cafe near here?

Dan Russell

May 8, 2024, 1:41:07 PMMay 8
to searchresearch-we...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

SearchResearch Challenge (5/8/24): How much is a cappuccino at the cafe near here?

 This is me, somewhere in the world...

If you've been here, it's easy to recognize where I'm standing--but if you haven't been in this slightly unusual spot, it'll take a bit of SRS magic to figure it out.

In the next photo taken on the camera, I'm drinking a cappuccino with my daughter at the most famous cafe near where this image was taken.

This fun memory from last year brings forth a couple of Challenges for you:

1. Where am I standing in this photo?

2. Can you tell me how much a cappuccino costs at that famous nearby cafe at the moment?  (Extra credit: Why is this particular cafe so famous?)

3. Can you tell me how much a cappuccino would have cost at that cafe in 1955?  (For extra credit, can you determine why I'm asking about 1955?)

I suspect there are new ways to find out the answers to these Challenges, which is why I'm posting them here.  Tune in next week for my solution to these questions.

But when YOU find the answer, let us know how you did it!

Keep searching.

--
Daniel M. Russell
Check out my new book:  The Joy of Search (MIT Press, Winter, 2019)