How to use Modifiers

justinlyman

Oct 31, 2009, 10:32:52 PM10/31/09
to Searchlogic
I am having a hard time figuring out how to use modifiers with
Searchlogic. I would like to extract the month out of of a datetime
column. This is how I thought this would be done using the :month
modifier:
User.search(:month_of_created_at_equals => "10")
What am I doing wrong here?

Vince P

Nov 6, 2009, 9:07:25 AM11/6/09
to Searchlogic
Hi there,

Have you found a solution to this? I am having the same problem. It
seems as though the master branch doesn't include the 'modifiers'
feature. I found a branch that does at: http://github.com/rubysolo/searchlogic.
However, that branch seems to be based on an older version of
searchlogic.

The change log states that modifiers were added, but I don't see them
in the source code.

Justin Lyman

Nov 20, 2009, 7:00:45 PM11/20/09
to searc...@googlegroups.com
I have not found a solution to this problem, I believe that they took out
modifiers when they rewrote the code for version 2 of Searchlogic. I have
pretty much given up on this and made a workaround using a named_scopes,
which is not ideal as it isn't database independent.