Tenure Track positions (Associate --> Full Prof) at saarland University

Joerg Hoffmann

Nov 4, 2021, 10:03:51 AM11/4/21
to searc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Saarland University is opening 3 tenure track posiitions, starting at
Associate Professor level (German W2) with tenure to Full professor
level (German W3).

We explicitly encourage young researchers to apply. If your track record
is outstanding then 2 years of postdoc experience are considered
sufficient to qualify for the W2 entry level.

Successful candidates will be people who can be considered to have high
chances of success with an ERC research grant.

Two of the 3 positions are advertised broadly across a large part of CS:

https://www.uni-saarland.de/fileadmin/upload/verwaltung/stellen/Wissenschaftler/W2TTW3-Professur_f%C3%BCr_Informatik.pdf
<https://www.uni-saarland.de/fileadmin/upload/verwaltung/stellen/Wissenschaftler/W2TTW3-Professur_f%C3%BCr_Informatik.pdf>

The 3rd position is specific to Machine Learning:

https://www.uni-saarland.de/fileadmin/upload/verwaltung/stellen/Wissenschaftler/W1973_W2TTW3_Machine_Learning.pdf
<https://www.uni-saarland.de/fileadmin/upload/verwaltung/stellen/Wissenschaftler/W1973_W2TTW3_Machine_Learning.pdf>

If you're interested in applying, feel free to get in touch. I'd
appreciate if you could forward this advertisement to colleagues who
could be interested.

In case you are wondering: our teaching program is almost entirely in
English, and the way things look it won't take many more years until we
can scratch the "almost" from this sentence.

best,
Jörg