Day One Reflection

1 view

Mark Wagner

Apr 3, 2008, 4:16:40 AM4/3/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Please answer one or more of these questions:

1. What free and educationally beneficial services did you learn about
for the first time today?

2. What services are you most excited about using with your students?
(Why? How?)

3. What are your next steps?

Be sure to reply to your groupmates' answers. Discuss. :)

Mark Wagner

Apr 5, 2008, 3:12:59 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Here is a demo response. Isn't this cool!?

Mark Wagner

Apr 5, 2008, 3:13:30 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Isn't this cool!

Yvette

Apr 5, 2008, 3:14:09 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I loved learning about the google docs!!

Angie

Apr 5, 2008, 3:14:13 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I can't remember all of them! My favorite is Google Docs.
I would use it (If my first graders had email) to answer a simple
question

lisagbert

Apr 5, 2008, 3:14:31 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share

On Apr 3, 1:16 am, Mark Wagner <markdwag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please answer one or more of these questions:
>
> 1. What free and educationally beneficial services did you learn about
> for the first time today?

Google Book Search, Google Scholar, Blog Search, and a million other
services that completely overwhelm me!!

Mark Wagner

Apr 5, 2008, 3:14:44 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Yes it is!

sus

Apr 5, 2008, 3:15:14 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I am excited about so much of what we did today. Now I just need to
focus on one ( a problem of mine) and use it for group projects or
discussions in class.

Shelly

Apr 5, 2008, 3:15:32 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I like the collaboration part of the documents. As the students are
doing research, they can add new information to what they already have
as they find it.

Jana

Apr 5, 2008, 3:16:05 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Although I had heard of google docs, I was not aware of what all it
could do. I will be using the spreadsheet aspect to set up a student
info sheet for the beginning of the school year. It always takes
awhile to gather all the information that I need and I think this
would be a great way to get the information and be able to store it in
one space.

Angie

Apr 5, 2008, 3:16:14 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
still test

Kenny

Apr 5, 2008, 3:16:30 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I am really excited about using the street view from google maps, so
that my students can see Gettysburg, Washington D.C., and The Freedom
Trail.

lisagbert

Apr 5, 2008, 3:16:46 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share

On Apr 3, 1:16 am, Mark Wagner <markdwag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please answer one or more of these questions:
>
> 1. What free and educationally beneficial services did you learn about
> for the first time today?
>
> 2. What services are you most excited about using with your students?
> (Why? How?)
>
> 3. What are your next steps?
I want to explore some of these services a little more so that I have
a better understanding of the possibilites...and remember to use them!

Mark Wagner

Apr 5, 2008, 3:17:43 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
Yes, collaboration is key for students... beware of "coBlaboration."

Dennis

Apr 5, 2008, 3:18:00 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
RE: Next Steps
The next steps are PRACTICE, PLAN, and IMPLEMENT.

Alan

Apr 5, 2008, 3:18:40 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
My head spins from so much info overload. I am going to try one thing
at a time. Google Docs with my 7th grade computer class. Probably take
me the whole quarter to make some progress and know what I'm doing.

Nate

Apr 5, 2008, 3:20:09 PM4/5/08
to Search, Learn, Share
I am interested in having my Ancient History students use google docs
for cooperative learning activities. As i become more familiar with
google maps, I feel I might be able to use this service to help
students understand where important historical events took place.