Can not delete index

ZillaYT

Nov 29, 2016, 12:14:31 PM11/29/16
to Search Guard
I'm using Elasticsearch with Search Guard SSL and Search Guard, and all is working.

I'm trying to delete an index by doing the following.

curl -XDELETE "https://localhost:9200/logstast-customer-*" --cacert /etc/elasticsearch/chain-ca.pem -u admin:admin_pw

But I get

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"no permissions for indices:admin/delete"}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"no permissions for indices:admin/delete"},"status":403}[root@localhost/etc/elasticsearch/chain-ca.pem -u admin:admin_pw

Even though I have in sg_roles.yml. Note I'm assuming that logstash-* also covers logstash-customer-* correct?

sg_admins:
  cluster
:

- indices:admin/template/get

- indices:admin/template/put

- indices:admin/delete*
  indices
:

'logstash-*':

'*':

- CRUD

- CREATE_INDEX

- DELETE_INDEX

and sg_roles_mapping.yml

sg_admins:
   users
:

- admin

and sg_action_groups.yml

DELETE_INDEX:

- "indices:admin/delete"

What am I missing?

ZillaYT

Nov 29, 2016, 12:16:18 PM11/29/16
to Search Guard
BTW this is ES v2.4.1 and corresponding latest versions of SG-SSL and SG.

SG

Nov 30, 2016, 1:14:48 PM11/30/16
to search...@googlegroups.com
looks like a misspelling of the index pattern

curl -XDELETE "https://localhost:9200/logstast-customer-*" does not match 'logstash-*'

ZillaYT

Nov 30, 2016, 2:19:31 PM11/30/16
to Search Guard