Changing password from readonly user.

Fendril

Jan 2, 2019, 10:48:02 AM1/2/19
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hello everyone.

Here is the configuration of my testing infrastructure:
 - Searchguard version 6.5.4-24 (Trial version, multitenancy activated)
 - Elasticsearch version 6.5.4
 - JVM 1.8.0_181

It works fine, but i have a question. It seems not possible to change password when logged on a readonly user, configured by
searchguard.readonly_mode: ["sg_myreadonly"]
in the kibana.yml file.

Is there a way to change the password as the user imself? A single permission that overwrite readonly, just for password change? Anything else?

Thank you for your time !

Regards.

SG

Jan 3, 2019, 5:03:30 AM1/3/19
to search...@googlegroups.com
Currently its not possible for a user to change his password but we have such a requirement in our backlog.