Pete

rick maymi

Feb 4, 2020, 7:24:00 PM2/4/20
to seanc...@googlegroups.com
He's been out since the end of the last tour, though I believe he was perhaps the last to find that out

Reading between the lines over on Facebook, it seems like PK left quite a few months ago and all parties have been sitting on the news, for whatever reason.

Some random thoughts:
  • The band is now officially a five piece for the first time.
  • PK was the band's Lindsey Buckingham, in that it's taken an antipodean and an American to replace him.
  • Ian Haug is now the longest standing guitarist in the band. He's also the longest standing Australian-born member of the band.
  • It's been 7 years since Marty last played with The Church. Eleven years since he was on a Church album. Where did that time go?
  • In the last 10 years the band have had more new members than new albums.
  • The average age of the members is now about five year's younger, so at least in that sense the band has been rejuvenated.
Nice to see some activity on the list again. Facebook pretty good for getting info, but really difficult to have any kind of nuanced conversation about the band over there.

-Nick

Edgar Aldrett

Feb 4, 2020, 8:30:00 PM2/4/20
to rick maymi, Seance List - The Church
Ricky! Good to hear from you and glad you are still on the list. The list is back!! Hey fellow Seancers! I've since moved from FB and depend on Church news from friends.

To your point, yes Pete seemed to be distancing himself from the band during the last tour and even missed the Portland bus/van to get to the KEXP performance in Seattle if you recall. Seemed the writing was on the wall and didn't think he would be in the band until I heard from a birdy that confirmed he indeed left.
He will be missed and he was a proponent of releasing the non Sony/EMI albums in High Res/HD format files in the market for which it never came to fruition, sadly.
Glad they are finally a permanent 5 piece since it suits their live sound.
Next time you are in Seattle let me know.
Cheers!

Ed
Seattle