Re: [Seance] Digest for seance-list@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Allen Rendel

Feb 22, 2019, 10:57:37 AM2/22/19
to seanc...@googlegroups.com
In regards to those Funkadelic albums, the 4 Men With Beards reissue LPs from a couple of years ago are actually really nice sounding.  That's not something you can often say about a 4MWB release.  I have Maggot Brain and it's well done.

raiderlover <raide...@citlink.net>: Feb 21 10:10PM -0500

I'd have to agree with you Chris after my experience with P=A. It totally bummed me out when I dropped $35.00 on the album only to find that the damn CD I already had in my collection sounded 10x better than the vinyl copy of the album I've been treasuring for years.  And on top of that I've been looking for a copy of Funkadelic's Maggot Brain and Free your Mind LP'S. Original and even represses from the 70's are not easy to find for reasonable prices. So I see the album has recently been repressed only to find that it is on the Plain label! So now I have a conundrum,  do I take a chance on purchasing those represses in hopes of not getting burned again or do I bite the bullet and purchase an earlier pressing based on my experience with Plain from "Priest"?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

raiderlover

Feb 22, 2019, 4:37:23 PM2/22/19
to allen...@gmail.com, seanc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Allen. Good to hear!