Hypnogogue - Thoughts?

Carl Chave

Mar 2, 2023, 8:39:38 PM3/2/23
to Seance List
Anyone out there? I'm on the fence so far on the new album. The title
track I like. Thorn I like. I'm struggling a bit with the rest.

Carl

kendess

Mar 2, 2023, 9:32:47 PM3/2/23
to ca...@chave.us, Seance List, ken...@comcast.net
I am struggling with most of it.  C'est
La vie isn't bad.  The whole thing doesn't really have the church feel to it.

Ken

Andre McMillan

Mar 2, 2023, 11:37:04 PM3/2/23
to ken...@comcast.net, ca...@chave.us, Seance List
First listen for me and I almost quit but I spun it again and then again. By the 4th time I was digging most of them.

Andre

Carl Chave

Mar 3, 2023, 7:06:45 PM3/3/23
to Andre McMillan, ken...@comcast.net, Seance List
I had an appointment on the other side of town today so I got a chance
to listen through a couple times in the car, and it was definitely
less struggle and more dig today. I see they are playing Cat's Cradle
in NC again (saw them there last time through) so I think it's worth
the effort again, you never know when it'll be the last chance.

Probably not an original thought, but I was saying to my wife on one
of the songs, "if we were at the show, I'd probably go to the bathroom
during this song". I'd have to listen again and look at the track list
to figure out which one but it's in the first 4 songs I think, the
second half of the disk is solid.

Carl