In Search Of...Karmic Hit Previews and Rarities Volume 3

Edgar Aldrett

Feb 16, 2022, 12:00:14 AM2/16/22
to Seance List - The Church
Hey folks.

Reaching out to see if anyone has a copy for sale of Karmic Hits Previews and Rarities Vol. 3 CD.

Never got the chance to get it from JLK when it came out as I was unaware it existed. I did get 1 and 2 but seems 3 came out when KH was closing shop.

Or if anyone has JLK's email or can pass along a message to JLK on FB asking if he has any copies for sale that would be great. I'm not FB anymore so cannot do.

Also, does anyone else have a copy of the Canadian pressing of Seance on CD or if you do have it can you rip the files to wav?

On another note, anyone else see the goodies Karl from Leeds offered on eBay from his Church collection? A lot of rarities on there, mainly pressings. Missed out the FAKE 12" but managed to score a subpar copy on Discogs. Test pressings were amazing to see. Hoping Mike Fulmer updated the Discogs website with this stuff.

Ed
Seattle

Captain Cid

Mar 29, 2022, 5:31:11 PM3/29/22
to Seance List - The Church
Ed,

I have Volume 3. I'm not interested in selling it, but I can email you FLACS or send a physical copy of the CD if you like? I'm missing Volume 2 and would love a copy of that.

Jonathan Sargeant

Mar 29, 2022, 9:40:09 PM3/29/22
to sirm...@gmail.com, Seance List - The Church

Russell Kilbey is pretty accessible on Facebook and might pass things on…

Jonathan S

Edgar Aldrett

Mar 30, 2022, 1:06:48 PM3/30/22
to Jonathan Sargeant, sirm...@gmail.com, Seance List - The Church
Hi Jonathan.

Definitely worth asking.Do you mind asking? For any of the volumes. Looks like I need all 3 as I lost 1 and 2.

On another note, I've managed to get a CD rip to WAV of the Canadian Seance on Arista. It is much better sounding in regards to the artifacts but not as bright as the American version. Definitely the mastering EQ is different but slight and requires placing wavs on a multitrack app to A/B test.. But happy to hear It's No Reason without that pop at the beginning of where the vocals come in. The 2002 EMI mastering still grates my ears so I am not too fond of those brickwalled mastered discs. I wish they mastered them like they did with Hindsight and the EMI early release of Heyday.

Ed

Captain Cid

Mar 30, 2022, 6:00:37 PM3/30/22
to Seance List - The Church
Ed,

I'll rip the USA Seance and fix that pop in It's No Reason.

Craig Wood

Mar 31, 2022, 7:03:15 AM3/31/22
to Alton Broussard, Seance List - The Church
I would also appreciate any update on Previews & Rarities 2 & 3

A gaping hole in my collection!

c*

first things first, but not necessarily in that order...

I like my girls to be the same as my records - independent, attractively packaged and in black vinyl (if at all possible)...

Nos libenter subicere qui convivium  (the motto of the Addams Family: "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us")

Captain Cid

Mar 31, 2022, 3:14:43 PM3/31/22
to Seance List - The Church
There's a copy of Volume 1 on ebay right now for a non-unreasonable price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154919655437?hash=item2411ee580d:g:VCEAAOSw8KRiMGj7