October Meeting, this Thursday, 10/2, at Cloudant

Chris Bilson

Sep 29, 2014, 11:19:29 AM9/29/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Our October meeting will be at Cloudant[1], this Thursday.

As usual, feel free to suggest topics or bring code you want to talk about.

If no one else has anything, here are a few ideas I have:

  1. ClojureCup[2] just finished. Last year it was pretty interesting looking at the code for some of the submissions we saw. We cloud pick a couple of projects that look interesting and dig in.
  2. I have been bitten by the om bug and have been working on a visualization app using om and svg. I am still at the stage where I am making different spikes to see if it will even work for what I want to do, but it would be fun to talk about what I've found so far. Maybe we could put together a simple visualization of something...maybe based on our earlier work with melange..."6 degrees of clj-http"?
  3. Speaking of clojurescript, there are a lot of neat new libraries and tools that I have learned about recently. It's kind of tricky achieving the same level of flow in clojurescript as in JVM clojure, but it feels like I am pretty much there now. It might be fun to talk about clojure workflows, tricks, and tools we've all discovered.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

[1]: See the website for directions: http://seajure.github.io/
[2]: https://clojurecup.com/

Chris Bilson

Sep 29, 2014, 2:03:20 PM9/29/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Update: It looks like we won't be able to meet at Cloudant this month, so let's meet at University Zoka.

We will meet at Cloudant in November and resume our every-other-month Cloudant/University Zoka cycle then.

binaryform

Sep 29, 2014, 4:32:14 PM9/29/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

I just moved to Seattle and would love to attend. Around what time do we plan to start on Thursday?

Also, will there be a posting it in http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Clojure-Collection/ ?

- Arnab

Chris Bilson

Sep 29, 2014, 6:04:07 PM9/29/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnab,

Thanks for reminding me about the meetup group! I've sent an e-mail to the owner (it's owned by a different person that has been manually updating it himself) and we'll try and keep the meeting announcements in sync between this google group and the meetup group going forward.

We always start our meetups at 7pm, the first Thursday of the month. There are links to maps and locations on the seajure github page here.

Tim Reinke

Oct 1, 2014, 10:27:54 PM10/1/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I, too, have been writing some viz code with Clojurescript recently and have been trying to get an acceptable workflow.  Selfishly, I would be very interested in comparing notes.