February Meetup

Chris Bilson

Feb 2, 2015, 4:24:52 PM2/2/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seajurians,

Our February meetup will be this Thursday. Alex Engelberg and SecureOne have offered to host us, so we are switching locations to their offices:

SecureOne, 5th Floor, 1518 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134

Street View

Go through the green door next to Henry's and take the elevator to the 5th floor. I'll try and pay attention and make sure no one gets stuck outside, but if anyone does, you can call me at: (253) 709-3415.

I don't have any special topic for this week, but will make sure there is a VM we can use to swarm on with tmux available in the clouds.

If no one has anything special they'd like to work on, I'd like to just go through the process of building a basic clojure+clojurescript web application.

I am thinking it might be interesting to devote some time each meeting to lightning-round-style presentations. I want to keep the hands-on, swarm-programming vibe, but I think maybe getting everyone on the same page with a short prepared presentation might make it even better. In that spirit, I will prepare about 20 minutes of material about clojure(script) webapps 101. We'll see how this works and adjust accordingly.

Going forward, if you have a topic you'd like to present on, please let me know. I'm hoping some of our more experienced members will step up and share, but even if you are just getting started, going back to first principles is a great way to fill in gaps in everyone's knowledge.

Thanks Alex and SecureOne and see you all Thursday!

Alex Engelberg

Feb 4, 2015, 2:11:37 PM2/4/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris, we're excited to host.

In the area there should be some free street parking, but there is also a parking garage across the street (to the east) which is relatively cheap (usually $5 / day) on non-game days.

--Alex