Who wants to help me test colored/pretty-printed REPL integration?

Gregory Look

May 13, 2014, 10:45:14 PM5/13/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! Some recent work I did resulted in a spinoff to integrate my colorizing/canonical-pretty-printing library Puget with the Leiningen REPL.

The result was an nREPL middleware named whidbey, which replaces the normal print-method rendering with any rendering function you care to supply. I've submitted a patch to REPLy to support this, but it still requires jumping through a few hoops to get set up. The README gives a pretty thorough rundown, so I'll defer to that.

I'm hoping some of you will feel adventurous enough to try this! Anecdotally, having REPL output colored and pretty-printed by default is really nice, and I'm looking forward to getting this better-supported by Leiningen/REPLy/nREPL. Please let me know how the setup goes and any issues you run into.

Greg Look