[seattlejs] Reminder: Every Wednesday - Seattle JavaScript Workshop / Hacknight

Thomas Yip

Dec 27, 2011, 4:25:33 PM12/27/11
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh
I will be there.

------------
Where:
4201 University Way NE Seattle, WA 98105 [Cafe On The Ave]
(the cafe serves light meal and good coffee)

When:
Wednesday 7:00pm - 10:00pm
(be sure to come on time if you want to work on an open-source
project together)

What:
Goal 1, a weekly workshop for coders to learn from each other and
ask questions as needed. Coders bring his own project, book, or tutorial.

Goal 2, a hacknight for coders to work on open source projects together, learn and solve some real world problems.

Shared Calendar:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=j832.com_gmeeue8p...@group.calendar.google.com

Linkedin Group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Seattle-JavaScript-Workshop-Hacknight-4056632

Github:
https://github.com/seajsws

----
Free feel to contact me if you have any question!

Thomas

Thomas Yip

Dec 27, 2011, 6:27:16 PM12/27/11
to Manish Das, Jason Walsh
While we don't provide tutorial, we welcome beginners.

It is probably most effective if you bring a book and/or follow some online tutorials, and ask questions as needed.

Thomas

On Dec 27, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Manish Das wrote:

Does this workshop applies for beginners too?

I'm newbie on Ruby on Rails and JavaScript, and I want to learn more on Client-Side with JavaScript.

I'm interested to learn more on JavaScript. Please let me know if I can also join the group.

FYI I'm new here, so I would appreciate if anyone interested in Carpooling me from Redmond.

Thanks and Regards
Manish Lal Das

http://about.me/manish.das

Thomas Yip

Dec 28, 2011, 9:57:56 PM12/28/11
to Thomas Yip, sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh
Just discovered the location is closed. We will resume the workshop next week.

Sent from my iPhone

Thomas Yip

Jan 3, 2012, 1:59:23 AM1/3/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh
Jason and I will be there.

Thomas Yip

Jan 10, 2012, 10:40:48 PM1/10/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh

Thomas Yip

Jan 24, 2012, 3:10:32 PM1/24/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh

Thomas Yip

Jan 31, 2012, 10:28:59 PM1/31/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh

Thomas Yip

Feb 7, 2012, 7:19:28 PM2/7/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh
Inspired by Ruby Brigade, we started JavaScript Workshop as the only workshop-format meetup for JavaScript in town.

We are pleased to see the energy around JavaScript has been picking up, and a lot of adjacent meetups being formed, such as Node.js, Game Dev, Phonegap, Mobile, Web App Dev.

With more options for developers, it frees us from being a catch-all general meetup and enables us to re-imagine our meeting format and try some new things.

First change will be the meetup schedule. We will meet less frequently: once a month on the 2nd Wednesday every month.

It will give us a bit more time organizing. For the March and later meetings, we will pre-announce a JavaScript technology or a topic. And, we will go thru the setup and code a simple application together.

If you like to discuss about the new format and/or suggest topics, please join us tomorrow (Feb 8th, 2012). If you cannot come, you can email me and Jason (cc'd).

Thanks for reading!

------------

Jason and I will be there.

------------
Where:
4201 University Way NE Seattle, WA 98105 [Cafe On The Ave]
(the cafe serves light meal and good coffee)

When: 2nd Wednesday Every Month -- 7:00pm - 10:00pm

What:  A weekly workshop for coders to learn from each other and

ask questions as needed. Coders bring his own project, book, or tutorial.

Thomas Yip

Mar 6, 2012, 1:12:13 AM3/6/12
to sea...@googlegroups.com, orga...@seattletechstartups.com, seattle...@meetup.com, Jason Walsh
We have created a new group on meetup.com. Please join the group if you're interested in future meetups.

It will be a round table discussion over coffee.