Fw: ACI Grade Beam Construction Joint

Rand W Holtham

Nov 16, 2009, 1:09:10 PM11/16/09
to sea...@seaint.org

Listers

Where can I find an (ACI accepted?) grade beam construction joint detail?

TIA,

Rand

*
*
* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
* Questions to seai...@seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Harold Sprague

Nov 19, 2009, 10:49:33 AM11/19/09
to sea...@seaint.org
I don't think that you will find any "ACI accepted" grade beam construction joint details.  But this is a resource to a lot of details assembled by various Govt. agencies including the US Army Corps of Engineers and NAVFAC.
http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/browse_lib.php?l=07

Regards, Harold Sprague

> Subject: Fw: ACI Grade Beam Construction Joint
> To: sea...@seaint.org
> From: RHol...@CBI.com
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:09:10 -0600

Harold Sprague

Nov 19, 2009, 12:43:32 PM11/19/09
to rhol...@cbi.com, sea...@seaint.org
Rand,
Just extend the rebar beyond the joint and provide a class B lap unless the bar is too big, then use a mechanical splice.  On the vertical face, I have seen keys, roughened surface to 1/4" amplitude, or Stay-Form to provide a roughened surface with no prep to provide a shear interlock.  Some engineers like to provide Z shear bars across the interface to assure a mechanical connection across the interface.  But that is more holes in the forms.

Stay-Form makes the contractors happy, provides a roughened surface, and makes me happy.  They have some very good details.
http://amico-stayform.com/pdf/Stay-Form%20Details%20b&w.pdf

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: sprag...@hotmail.com
To: sea...@seaint.org
Subject: RE: ACI Grade Beam Construction Joint
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:49:33 +0000

Rand W Holtham

Nov 23, 2009, 8:01:23 AM11/23/09
to sea...@seaint.org

Thanks Harold!

Harold Sprague
<spraguehope@hotm
ail.com> To
<rhol...@cbi.com>,
11/19/2009 11:44 <sea...@seaint.org>
AM cc

Subject
Please respond to RE: ACI Grade Beam Construction
<sea...@seaint.or Joint

From: sprag...@hotmail.com

http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/browse_lib.php?l=07

Regards, Harold Sprague

Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it
now.

ghan...@umn.edu

Nov 23, 2009, 10:26:45 AM11/23/09
to sea...@seaint.org

Wondering if someone can refer a design handbook for Structural Design of
Underground appruntences such as prepoured Inverts, Prepoured Pipes, and
for Safety Ramps
Cattle Pass
Temporary Barriers
Single Step Barriers
Pier Protection
Asymmetrical Barriers

Harold Sprague

Nov 23, 2009, 12:04:16 PM11/23/09
to sea...@seaint.org
Foundation Engineering Handbook, Winterkorn and Fang, Chapter 23.

Regards, Harold Sprague

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.