RE: seaint Digest for 23 Nov 2009

Bill Myers

Nov 24, 2009, 9:25:49 AM11/24/09
to sea...@seaint.org
Is there any way to go directly to a specific email item without having to
tediously scroll down thru the list?

Today's SEAint Digest has 33 items and is quite lengthy.

Regards,

Bill Myers, P.E., C.W.I.
Neel-Schaffer, Inc.
601.948.3071

Nov 24, 2009, 9:37:09 AM11/24/09
to sea...@seaint.org
Go to here:

http://www.seaintarchive.org/group/seaint/

Select the time period, and then select the Thread option and input
whatever topic or person you are looking for.

Senior Project Manager
Structural Department
Associate
Engineers and Consultants - CMX
200 Route 9
Manalapan, NJ 07726
732-577-9000 (Ext. 308)
908-309-8657 (Cell)
732-298-9441 (Fax)
mst...@CMXEngineering.com

Paul Ransom

Nov 26, 2009, 12:17:46 AM11/26/09
to sea...@seaint.org
Yes and yes.
The location of the load application can influence the nominal capacity of
the member. The difference can be non-trivial. Standards assume loads to be
applied at the shear centre of the section. Refer to SSRC Guide to Stability
of Steel Structures (? check name).

Regards
Paul
--