Error Loading Seagull Framework

918 Printery

Apr 2, 2016, 2:36:04 PM4/2/16
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
I'll start off by saying I am very VERY green when it comes to this stuff. I muddle my way through and it works out most of the time.

I get to step 4 and get the error

*Database username: cannot connect to the db, please check all credentials

DEBUG INFO:
CODE: -111

Seagull Version 0.6.2 Apache/1.3.41 (Darwin) PHP/4.4.9Darwin 8.11.0, Power Macintosh

Any help is very appreciated.

LAMMY

Demian Turner

Apr 3, 2016, 3:26:35 PM4/3/16
to Seagull General
Hi Lammy

I would try a more recent version of Seagull

Just make sure you use the correct details for the MySQL database you’re connecting to.

cheers

Demian

918 Printery

Apr 4, 2016, 9:36:49 AM4/4/16
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Ok, that may be an issue. I did the install for MYSQL, but I don't recall it setting up any databases.

I presumed part of the Seagull set up as to create a database since it doesn't allow me to name the database to connect to, only asks for the user and password. Which to my understanding in the normal install of MYSQL is mysql and a blank password.

 Matthew "LAMMY" Lamoureux
   918 Printery - Ad artem artium conservatricem conservandam

Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
Thomas Jefferson

Demian Turner

Apr 4, 2016, 10:53:30 AM4/4/16
to Seagull General
The installer does ask you for a name to give the new database it creates, it’s on the next screen.  But you still need to be able to connect to the database server.   Probably mysql_SGL is the best driver to choose.

918 Printery

918 Printery

Apr 9, 2016, 11:28:22 AM4/9/16
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Hi Demian,
   Got a chance to try the newer version and got this error.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/seagull/lib/SGL/FrontController.php on line 81

 Matthew "LAMMY" Lamoureux
   918 Printery - Ad artem artium conservatricem conservandam

Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
Thomas Jefferson

918 Printery

Apr 9, 2016, 8:29:27 PM4/9/16
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so I played around some. Ended up removing and reinstalling MySQL and got through step 4 but now get this error at step 5

*Database name: there was an error creating the database

Errors: DB Error: insufficient permissions
CREATE DATABASE `seagulldb` [nativecode=1044 ** Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'seagulldb']

 Matthew "LAMMY" Lamoureux
   918 Printery - Ad artem artium conservatricem conservandam

Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
Thomas Jefferson

Demian Turner

Apr 10, 2016, 6:08:51 AM4/10/16
to Seagull General
The error is quite clear: “insufficient permissions”

This forum is for support for the Seagull code, it is assumed you are already familiar with setting up a database and allocating the required permissions.

I have a baby on the way any day now so won’t be available for a little bit ;-)

918 Printery

Apr 11, 2016, 9:02:40 PM4/11/16
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Not familiar enough to know where seagull is trying to write the database?

I'm in no rush to figure this out. Just trying to play around with a bit of beta software I found that require seagull.

Good luck to you and momma on the new baby!