SGL 1.0.5

Heinrich Stoellinger

Nov 6, 2013, 11:55:11 AM11/6/13
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Hi Demian,

I don't know whether my latest message actually reached you, but...

I am trying to upgrade 0.6.7 to 1.0.5. Installing goes well, I also
want to use my existing MySQL seagull database. When I try to launch
seagull I consistently get the following messages

ERROR
MESSAGE: could not locate the global language file
TYPE: NO FILE
DEBUG INFO:
CODE: -114

ERROR
MESSAGE: Specified manager 'articleview' could not be found, defaults loaded,
pls ensure full manager name is present in module's conf.ini
TYPE: PAGE NOT FOUND
DEBUG INFO:
CODE: -404

ERROR
MESSAGE: Config file could not be found at
'/home/rainermusik/seagull/modules/publisher/conf.ini'
TYPE: NO FILE
DEBUG INFO:
CODE: -114

The first of these messages appears when I simply launch SGL, the other
two when I try to select an item from a vertical menu in the left (of a
3-column) column. So far I have only used SGL for displaying static html-
articles.

Is there maybe any documention about changes between the versions? Could it
be that managers like 'articleview' are not present in the version downloaded
with svn.

I would be very much obliged to you for any hints you could point me to.
Regards
Heinrich

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionï¿œrem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Demian Turner

Nov 6, 2013, 12:25:10 PM11/6/13
to Seagull General
Hi Heinrich

No your last email didn’t reach the mailing list,  you can always check by looking at the google web view.

Is there maybe any documention about changes between the versions?

Hehe, not that I’ve written, no ;-)

Could it be that managers like 'articleview' are not present in the version downloaded
with svn.

Well all version from 1.0 onwards only contain what are considered ‘core’ modules, i.e. default, blocks, navigation and user.  The class you’re referring to is from Publisher and that’s pretty ancient, i.e., I don’t think it’s been updated since around 2005.

The github version, which will be released as 1.1, is almost ready, just working on a post-install script.

cheers Demian

Heinrich Stoellinger

Nov 6, 2013, 12:41:08 PM11/6/13
to seagull...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot, Demian for such a prompt answer! I suppose I will wait for 1.1. I do have lots of static html pages and hope I can use these in the new version without too much trouble. In the end I want to build an administrative system for a 50 piece windband (I am its president) based on quite an extensive MySQL-DB that contains Info about just about all aspects involved in running such an animal. You can have a look at it at www.rainermusik.at. Regards Heinrich