upgrading to MySQL 5.5 and PHP 5.4

Rainermusik Salzburg

Apr 19, 2013, 5:58:21 AM4/19/13
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I have just upgraded MySQL-server from 5.1 to 5.5, as well as PHP from
5.3 to 5.4 (under Debian-Squeeze). The update process showed no problems!
However, when trying to invoke my Seagull application I now keep getting the message
------------------------------------
Oops!

Error
MESSAGE: Cannot connect to DB, check your credentials
TYPE: DB FAILURE
DEBUG INFO:
CODE: -111
------------------------------------
I am able to access all databases (including the Seagull database) when
using the client mysql interface through the command line both locally and
remote. Everything also works when accessing DBs using LibreOffice-Base.
Of course I did not mess  with my user/password definitions within mysql.
I wonder whether anybody might have experienced a similar problem.
It seems to me that the problem is caused by the migration of PHP to 5.4.
Thanks in any case for any hints you might be able to give me.
Regards
Heinrich

Shaun Morrow

Apr 19, 2013, 7:12:11 AM4/19/13
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Try comment out the following line in lib/SGL/DB.php

return PEAR::raiseError($msg, SGL_ERROR_DBFAILURE);

We have issues on late versions of PHP as well, taking out the above line works for me.

Shaun

Heinrich Stoellinger

Apr 19, 2013, 7:55:08 AM4/19/13
to seagull...@googlegroups.com
Thanks an awful lot, Shaun! Hooray! it also works for me!
Regards
Heinrich
P.S.: By the way -- what release are you on? I am using 0.6.8 at the moment. Thinking
of going to 1.0.4...

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionï¿œrem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/