SeaGL CFP office hours start this week!

vmbra...@seagl.org

Jul 3, 2018, 12:44:24 AM7/3/18
to SeaGL Announcements
We're having very good response to the Call for Proposals so far, even though we're still in the early weeks. So far we have more than 40% more proposals than we did at this same stage in the process last year, which is really encouraging!

There are four more weeks left before the CFP closes and this week the program committee will be starting our online office hours. We're looking forward to answering questions about the process, helping people brainstorm talk ideas, and providing advance feedback on proposals.

Office hours are Thursday, July 5th, from noon to 1PM PDT.

We hold office hours in the #seagl channel on Freenode IRC. If you're not familiar with IRC, don't worry! There's a really easy web interface you can use so you don't have to mess with setting up an IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23seagl

If you don't wish to join us on IRC, or you can't be there during the office hours, don't worry! We have a special email address where we're providing CFP assistance until the CFP closes on July 29th: cfp-...@seagl.org

SeaGL is only as good as its schedule, and that schedule needs you. Please join us on Thursday for office hours, and please encourage your friends to join us as well. Together we're going to make SeaGL 2018 the best one yet.

For complete CFP information, including office hour details, scoot on over to this link:http://seagl.org/news/2018/06/04/CFP-open.html

--VM Brasseur
  Program Chair
  SeaGL 2018