Any documentation to know how to use external storage for files

litus

Oct 18, 2013, 6:14:50 AM10/18/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'd like to use a windows share folder to store all the data stored on seafile. It's possible?

Any tutorial?

thanks in advance

JiaQiang Xu

Oct 19, 2013, 9:37:38 PM10/19/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
A few people have reported problem with external storage. We haven't tested much about this. We'll do the test soon.

Jochen

Nov 24, 2013, 6:18:50 AM11/24/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in this too!

The idea is, to run the seafile-server in a small VM on our vSphere machine (not too much and expensive disk space available) and to mount seafile storage via NFS from our NAS.

Thanks and best regards,
Jochen

JiaQiang Xu

Nov 24, 2013, 6:34:52 AM11/24/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
We've done the test and Seafile now should run on NFS or CIFS.
Note that you should use MySQL for database.
But it's a good idea to write a separate doc for it.

2013/11/24 Jochen <jochen.rup...@googlemail.com>

Daniel Pfuhl

May 18, 2014, 11:08:31 AM5/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Where can I find information on how to extend local storage for Seahub using an NFS or SMB/CIFS share?

JiaQiang Xu

May 18, 2014, 11:10:35 PM5/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
You can place the whole Seafile installation on NFS.