Seadogs

7 views
Skip to first unread message

MaxineandIan Round

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 12:21:27 PM (10 days ago) Sep 26
to SeaDog
Hi
We just arrived back at Ashlett SC a member who I do not know came onto the pontoon and asked who designed this beautiful boat?
He said 'I watched in come in and it looked superb'
Timorley no 57 like Dolly Parton RIP on a good day looks great from a distance up close she looks every day of her 57 years.
It reminded me of the special quality of the Seadog and the need to support its survival.
There is a crisis in boating, marinas made hay whilst there was money but now folk cannot afford it; we are going to need a landfill site the size of the isle of man for all the waste from abandoned boats.
I personally hope that Seadogs are not among the cull.
I would urge anyone local to the Solent to consider Ashlett SC, one way we could support the class is by being members of the same club, we pay £560 per annum including a mooring.
There is a lift out trailer the club owns.
We also have a mooring inside Calshot spit (red with yellow pick up bouy feel free to pick up for a lunch spot).
This is about £500 and ABP have moorings available I have a mooring contractor that can sign off or install a mooring.
This is useful because at neaps the Ashlett is closed to us. There is a .7m difference between the Calshot mooring and the Ashlett one.
I am not equipped to run a class association however I do feel a monthly zoom meeting of interested owners might provide the basis for a plan.
I appreciate the time and effort  that Hilary has spent on the Seadog Association but it is unreasonable to expect one person to take on this role.
There are seadogs out there; I came across one at Watermouth in North Devon in a vast self built garage. The boat had been taken back and was being rebuilt.
I went back in May and it was still 2 years away from completion.
These are my ideas for the Seadog Association I look forward to others
Regards
Ian Round Timorley no 57 





Marcus Hember

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 1:31:15 PM (10 days ago) Sep 26
to MaxineandIan Round, SeaDog
Ian,

Agree that it would be great for someone to take it on.  I run the website (well, I host it and keep it working) but I'm keen to have anyone who might do the news / event section - I can keep the site alive but it would be great if someone could take that on - perhaps for seadogs for sale as well as that could get after what you want.

I have not owned a seadog since Black Dog in 2020, but happy to keep helping as I love the boats!

Let me know if you are up for doing some news / boat for sale / keeping some content on the site up to date.

Marcus

--
This message is from the seadog owners google group.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SeaDog" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to seadog+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/seadog/PR3P250MB03390C86464442A0CA1B0FD68F8F2%40PR3P250MB0339.EURP250.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.


--
Marcus Hember
07808 172335

MaxineandIan Round

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 1:45:30 PM (10 days ago) Sep 26
to Marcus Hember, SeaDog
Hi
I would be happy to help in this, the old year book produced by Peter French was excellent.  A  rally in a physical sense is difficult. Either in the summer or the winter so I would like to organise periodic on line rallys.
This might in turn lead to a physical rally, I see Seadogs in the strangest places but I do not do social media at all.
I work as on line tutor and tweeting or fb posting is likely to alienate someone so I do not have any presence at all.
If there was someone willing to run the social media side I would be happy to provide the copy.
One thing I might suggest are pop up rallies, for example we are going around the Solent next week. The wwather outlook is superb.
Happy to see local Seadogs join in.
Regards
Ian

From: Marcus Hember <mar...@hember.net>
Sent: Saturday, 26 September 2026 18:31:01
To: MaxineandIan Round <timo...@hotmail.co.uk>
Cc: SeaDog <sea...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [SEADOG] Seadogs
 

Wolfgang

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 3:16:49 PM (10 days ago) Sep 26
to MaxineandIan Round, Marcus Hember, SeaDog
Ich habe neue Eigentümer für meine TRIASID gefunden. Sie werden sich noch melden.
Hiermit verabschiede ich mich von diesem Kreis. Ich wünsche Euch noch viel Spaß mit den wunderbaren Seehunden
Gruß Wolfgang Spilker  Deutschland , Emmerich am Rhein.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages