Is it that reservoir area be same as that of the sub basin area

navee...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2018, 9:12:20 AM7/20/18
to SWAT - Southeast Asia
hi,

I am modelling around 20 reservoirs in a river basin using SWAT. Regarding that is it necessary that the area of the reservoir be same as the area of the subbasin.

I have placed all my reservoirs in sub basins having area larger than the surface area of the reservoir. There are other land uses in those sub basins. If I define the HRU as a dominant HRU; can i model the reservoirs put in the same sub basin (or) should I delineate the subbasins that they should exactly fit to the size of reservoirs .

Kindly answer,
best regards ,
naveen