SWAT Manual Calibration

Jad Saade

Dec 9, 2019, 6:18:43 AM12/9/19
to SWAT - Southeast Asia
Hello,
I am a beginner on SWAT and am in now in the calibration phase.
I watched the last instructional video (on calibration) on the SWAT website, but I have some questions interrelated that the video doesn't answer.
1) For instance, when I calibrate a parameter, e.g. increase AWC by 10% (considering the range of AWC), click the Rewrite SWAT input tables button, run SWAT, and save the run as Sim_01 does the new parameter value change in the default simulation files ?
2) And when I calibrate a second time, for example, increase AWC by 20%, and save the run as Sim_02, is the new value of AWC in the input files of Sim_02, 20% higher than the original value of AWC in the Default scenario, or 20% higher than the last updated value - that of Sim_01 ?
3) Also, if one needs to apply sensitivity analysis before calibration in order to know to which parameters is the model mostly sensitive to, is there a "reset" button for the parameters' values so that I can use a One at a time (OAT) sensitivity analysis ?

Also, I searched a lot of studies on how to manually calibrate a model, and I couldn't find. There must a guide for calibration of a model as there is a guide for running the model. (The SWAT manual part on calibration is not comprehensive as other parts of the manual).

Appreciate you reading this and your help,
Jad Saade