Can I skip tillage

navee...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2018, 12:45:59 PM7/19/18
to SWAT - Southeast Asia
Hi,

I am using SWAT to model a river basin. For different crops to be grown on a sub basin, I have identified operations like Tillage, Beginning of crop, Auto irrigation, harvest and kill operations, and skip to next year, that are suitable for my area.

I have some doubts, can you clarify.

Is it necessary that I have to consider tillage operation or can I skip it.
In the case of Auto irrigation, what is the significance of giving day of operation, when SWAT can apply water directly when the soil moisture content goes down by a threshold.
What is the significance of skip to next year.

The answers are highly awaited. Kindly answer.

with regards,
naveen