Biochar market

Carmen Vargas

Feb 21, 2019, 5:50:09 PM2/21/19
to SE Biochar Interest Group
Hi!

I'm not sure this group is active anymore. I work for sustainable projects company that builds and operates biomass gasification plants in the Dominican Republic. We are looking to sell the biochar produced by the gasification process, mostly from wood (such as Acacia) and coconut husks. We are looking for outside buyers while the local market matures regarding biochar demand. Could you give us any tips to enter the biochar selling field?

Thank you for any help you can give me!
Regards,
Carmen

Ronal W. Larson

Feb 21, 2019, 7:10:15 PM2/21/19
to se-bi...@googlegroups.com
Carmen

I have been a member of both of your biochar groups. I suggest signing up through Yahoo to "biochar" to ask the same question. Also look at www.biochar-international.org.

Yours is a good question, but one I can't answer specifically for your area. There may have been an IBI webinar on this topic - but all countries are different. Might be a local ag/soil professor thinking about this. Or Google?

Ron

Ron

Mike Sheehan

Feb 23, 2019, 11:50:25 PM2/23/19
to SE Biochar Interest Group
Hi Carmen,

Message me on LinkedIn we may be able to help you find markets in SE US markets.

Mike Sheehan
Biochar Central

Richard Jarvis

Apr 8, 2019, 4:07:15 PM4/8/19
to SE Biochar Interest Group
Hi Mike,  I would like to locate a pyro-bio char furnace owner who would help me process some specific raw material so I can test for my purposes.  Is there anyone you know?  I'm in FL and South Carolina, but will travel to a piece of equipment.  Thanks  Rick   239 919 2664

Blue Sky Biochar

Apr 12, 2019, 6:53:07 PM4/12/19
to se-bi...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know anyone but you should talk to my friend John Bonitz he knows people in that region and is a really great person and knowledgable as well, his info is 919-360-2492      john....@gmail.com

I hope this helps you good luck…

Thanks,
Michael Wittman (The Char-man of the Board)

Please like us at, https://www.facebook.com/BlueSkyBioChar?ref_type=bookmark
818-599-9119

Biochar's high carbon content and porous composition helps soil to retain water, nutrients, protect soil microbes, and ultimately increase crop yields while growing healthier, more productive, disease-resistant plants. All this while helping combat global climate change by sequestering and stabilizing rich organic carbon in your soil.

Leave your carbon footprint in the garden...

“If you could continually turn a lot of organic material into biochar, you could, over time, reverse the history of the last two hundred years…We can, literally, start sucking some of the carbon that our predecessors have poured into the atmosphere down through our weeds and stalks and stick it back in the ground. We can run the movie backward. We can unmine some of the coal, undrill some of the oil. We can take at least pieces of the Earth and – this is something we haven’t done for quite a while – leave them Better Than We Found Them.” -Bill McKibben, author, climate activist and founder of 350.org

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.”
– R. Buckminster Fuller

Whiskey is for drinking - water is for fighting over."
-- Mark Twain

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

This communication and any attachments hereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.  The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent entrusted with the responsibility of delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication by mistake, please delete and notify the sender immediately.

Gen Zhang

Mar 12, 2021, 11:55:20 AM3/12/21
to SE Biochar Interest Group
Carmen, we are interested in your biochar products based on 20' container quantity per order.
Could you please send me more details of your biochar such as price, packing, ... etc.
B. rgds,
Gen