Tonight's Meeting Notes (8-29) :)

Holly H

Aug 30, 2011, 12:10:17 AM8/30/11
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com
Hello lovely timebankers :)

Only four of us (Raffi, Prabha, Andrea and Holly) were able to make it to the meeting tonight. As it did not reach quorum, we had an informal discussion with updates and some action items and suggestions for the group. Please send in any comments or questions!

Looking forward, we noticed that a lot of us were anxious to get started, so we will compare recommended software side-by-side at the next meeting, and look into things (i.e. the cost of website domains) beforehand, so that we can start inviting others to a working TimeBank as soon as possible.

The notes are below, as well as attached.

In solidarity,
Holly

Webspace update!

Paper accounts?

  • print out directory

  • record transactions through phone number (pay for 1-800 number or google voice?)

Applications

  • Andrea will send out different examples of membership applications

Money collection

  • do we need a bank account?

    • at a credit union, to help provide a bit of legitimacy

    • credit unions: Cal Coast (Andrea will ask for a packet RE: group/business accounts & fees), San Diego Credit Union (Raffi), UCSD Feminist Credit Union (Holly)

  • paypal system or online payment system?

  • mail-in option + people who can physically collect the money

  • google spreadsheet to record who has paid or not (name, contact, donation: yes or no)

    • should only be shared with a couple of people, not open to all

  • pay online? or is that going against community? online payment centers take a cut from the money we take in

  • pay at orientation

  • ask people to mail-in checks/cash or meet: Prabha (NP area), Andrea (Golden Hill), Raffi (La Jolla), TBD

Software

  • Holly and Andrea will investigate Local Exchange software

  • TimeBanks software is still in the running, we are just open to looking for an open-source and free (or cheaper) alternative

    • people may ask for a one-time donation to them to use their model

Documents

Andrea and Holly will create a google folder, and a spreadsheet w/ roles, tasks, etc. and share the link with people

    • notes from previous meetings

    • decisions

    • core group responsibilities

--

Holly Hellerstedt
(951) 486.1613

CSSC, Website Director, Board Member
connecting students from across California to make our universities more sustainable
http://www.sustainabilitycoalition.org/

Citizens Climate Lobby
creating the political will for a sustainable climate
http://www.citizensclimatelobby.org/

SD Timebank Notes - 8-29-11.doc

Prabhakar

Aug 30, 2011, 12:12:19 AM8/30/11
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com
Holly,

Thanks much for the notes.

For past notes and more information, visit our group at http://groups.google.com/group/sdtimebank

Cat

Aug 30, 2011, 12:23:52 AM8/30/11
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com

sorry I wasnt able to make it. Thanks so,much for all of you do!

On Aug 29, 2011 9:10 PM, "Holly H" <ecoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> -

> people may ask for a one-time donation to them to use their model
>

> *Documents*

> Andrea and Holly will create a google folder, and a spreadsheet w/ roles,
> tasks, etc. and share the link with people
>
> -
>
> notes from previous meetings
> -
>
> decisions
> -

> core group responsibilities
>

> --
>
> Holly Hellerstedt
> (951) 486.1613
>
> *CSSC*, Website Director, Board Member

> connecting students from across California to make our universities more
> sustainable
> http://www.sustainabilitycoalition.org/
>
> *Citizens Climate Lobby*

> creating the political will for a sustainable climate

Raffi Aftandelian

Aug 30, 2011, 12:28:07 AM8/30/11
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com
oh,  and prabha's companion canine Dino also was in full attendance...
he has so much Spirit that i think if we knew that Dino'd be attending future meetings, i think it'd be worth it to attend just to be in his presence...

perhaps we could call ourselves the Dino Timebank? Just a thought...

warmly,
raffi

powered by ubuntu 10.4