My thoughts for today's meeting - Aug 16

1 view

Prabhakar

Aug 16, 2011, 7:22:45 PM8/16/11
to sally...@gmail.com, The San Diego Time Bank, Mariah SDFNL, sdtim...@googlegroups.com
All,

I was planning on coming to today's meeting but my flight back to SD is cancelled and I will not make it in time.

Some of my inputs for discussion in today's meeting and hopefully someone will see this email in time to bring these inputs to the meeting! :)

1. Software Choice: I think the current time bank software is good and we should go with it. There is a cost of $100 but we have to fund this and here is my suggestion.
For each member to join our group, it is $5 and in return they start with 2 time bank credits/hours in their account. The $5 membership fee collected goes into the SDTB general fund and can be used for general purposes like community meetings, any activities etc. This fund will have to be managed and the core group has to nominate a 'Treasurer' to manage it. The Treasurer should receive Tb hours for managing this.

We currently have 40+ members in Facebook group - Will 20 of them pay $5 to be pat of SDTB going forward? I think so...

I think the software is used by others and should do the job. using spreadsheets, developing a tool etc is localized knowledge and will need to be managed and that will be lost if the 2-3 people who develop it are no longer part of the group, move from Sd etc etc.

2. I cannot reiterate this enough. The MOST important thing is to get the process rolling and create some success stories (actual exchange of TB services) and then create some some sort of networking effort to rope in more members.
We DO NOT need a perfect system/process before we start using TB. Once the rubber hits the road, we will learn and we make tweaks/changes as needed. Let's not make perfect the enemy of the good!

3. Success Story: I have performed my first TB exchange couple of weeks ago. I have 2 TB hours under my account now. Kristin Keller had a request out and we were able to complete a TB exchange. My first Tb activity completed. :)

Thanks & looking forward to the notes from the meeting.
Prabha

Holly H

Aug 16, 2011, 7:26:34 PM8/16/11
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com, sally...@gmail.com, The San Diego Time Bank, Mariah SDFNL
I will be sure to bring & read your comments to the meeting Prabha :)

Holly

Only members only may post, but archives are public.
For more info, visit tat http://groups.google.com/group/sdtimebank?hl=en

--

Holly Hellerstedt
(951) 486.1613

CSSC, Website Director, Board Member
connecting students from across California to make our universities more sustainable
http://www.sustainabilitycoalition.org/

Citizens Climate Lobby
creating the political will for a sustainable climate
http://www.citizensclimatelobby.org/