looking to set up worker co-operatives

A Carter

May 9, 2012, 1:47:24 AM5/9/12
to Andrea Carter, l...@redwire.us
I'd like to host a meeting with Liz on worker cooperatives, either at the Ant Hill Collective or at the Sherman Heights Community Center (another positive alternative to Walmart and other business that suck wealth out of our communities).

Would you be interested in this or be willing to pass it along to people who you think would be?

We need to hurry so we can set up a meeting before the 18th, when she leaves town. I would like to propose the evening of Tue 15th or Wed the 16th.

Thanks,
andrea

=======
From Liz:

I wanted to make sure I get my contact information to all of you.  Please refer to me people who you think would be interested in setting up a committee/organization/affinity group to incubate worker cooperatives in San Diego.  Our web site is: OccupyJobs.org and it would be great if you could put a link on any or your sites to our web site inviting people to participate.  I am in town until May 18th and will try and make more meetings.  Young people need viable economic opportunities so they do not have to join the military to escape poverty, and it is up to us to show them how we can move forward with an alternative to corporate jobs.
In Solidarity,
Liz Ryder

l...@redwire.us
510-326-2541
Skype: lisryder

"Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed citizens to change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

--

I don’t check email every day; if you have an urgent message for me, I can be reached at http://awayfind.com/amcarter

Hasmik Geghamyan

May 9, 2012, 1:19:15 PM5/9/12
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com, Rebecca Rojas, Andrea Carter, l...@redwire.us
Hi Liz and Andrea,

Thank you for making yourself available to us. It's been encouraging to see how worker owned cooperatives have been springing all over So. California.  You probably know that Employee Rights Center along with San Diego City college started workers center on campus.

I'd like to be more involved although none of the evenings work for me. I can do Monday evening, May 14th or late afternoon (4:00 pm) on either of the dates suggested.

How does that work for everyone else?

For past notes and more information, visit our group at http://groups.google.com/group/sdtimebank

Holly H

May 9, 2012, 2:39:18 PM5/9/12
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com, Rebecca Rojas, Andrea Carter, l...@redwire.us
Happy that you want to host something Andrea :)

I can do Monday or Wednesday evening (after 6pm).

In solidarity,
Holly
--
Holly Hellerstedt
(951) 486.1613

Canvass for a Cause, Field Director
a community activist network that hits the streets to overcome oppression & win!
http://www.canvassforacause.org/

CSSC, Website Director, Board Member
connecting students from across California to make our universities more sustainable
http://www.sustainabilitycoalition.org/

jessica magpie

May 9, 2012, 9:42:20 PM5/9/12
to sdtim...@googlegroups.com, Rebecca Rojas, Andrea Carter, l...@redwire.us
Hello all,

I am generally available after 4pm on weekdays.

-Magpie