SDS National Convention Ft. Rebel Diaz and Sara Flounders - Register NOW!

Students for a Democratic Society

Sep 12, 2013, 11:06:24 AM9/12/13

All out of the 2013 Students for a Democratic Society National Convention October 11th-13th - Clarksville, TN

Featuring: Rebel Diaz - Performance Saturday night the 12th and workshop on Hip Hop and Immigration. Rebel Diaz is a political hip hop group founded in Chicago and now based in the South Bronx of NY.

Sara Flounders - is an American political writer, prominent anti-war activist and a leader of the International Action Center

More info to be announced. Please register NOW so we can plan attendance. This convention is free with an ask for donations. No one will be turned away due to lack of funds.

Convention Registration Form

Workshop Registration Form

Donate to SDS

On the weekend of October 11-13 Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) will be holding our seventh National Convention at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee.

Since our reorganization in 2006, SDS has grown to be the largest anti-war and education rights student and youth organization active in the US today. In the past seven years SDSers around the country have won major victories on their campuses and in their communities fighting tuition hikes and for the right of all people to a good education. We have built large coalitions with other student and youth organizations not only to fight back against attacks on education but also to land serious blows against white supremacy, patriarchy, and militarism.
We continue to move forward towards a bright future.

This October students from around the country will converge on the city of Clarksville to discuss the future of the student and youth movement in the US. Workshops at the convention will cover topics including environmentalism, anti-war, education rights, LGBTQ liberation, feminism and women’s liberation, anti-racism, immigrant rights, national liberation, and more. There will be food, speakers, and music as well.

You can register for free for the convention today by filling out the form below. We also have an open call for workshops and if you are interested in doing a workshop you can fill out the workshop registration form and an organizer will get in touch with you. Although no one will be turned away due to lack of funds, we are taking donations to cover the costs of food, housing, speaker fees, music, etc. and if you can donate it would contribute a lot to making this convention a success (just click on the link below).

--
Students for a Democratic Society
@NewSDS (Twitter)