Please Donate NOW to Help SDS Fund Our National Convention!!

Students for a Democratic Society

Sep 20, 2012, 7:15:25 AM9/20/12
to sdsannou...@googlegroups.com

Dear  Friends, Supporters, and Allies in the social justice movement,

I am writing as a member of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) and on behalf of the National Working Committee.

This semester, SDS chapters across the country are involved in many important campaigns. SDS chapters are organizing to stop tuition hikes at their universities, marching against the U.S. occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq, and fighting back against FBI repression.

SDS members work passionately and tirelessly to build a better world. Throughout history, there are many examples of the powerful impact students can have when they link up across the country and organize for change.  Whether they are rallying against war and racism, or building the movement for education rights, students have and continue to play a huge role in the fight for justice.

Since SDS began in 2006, there have been yearly national conventions, held from Murfreesboro to College Park, from Chicago to Detroit.  Students and youth from across the country travel to these conventions to meet up with other activists, to share and learn from each other’s experiences, and to make plans for the coming year.  It is at the national conventions that we lay the groundwork for nation-wide campaigns that will try to stop the privatization of education, to bring the troops home from Afghanistan and work against the ongoing political repression of activists.

We need your help in making sure as many students as possible can attend this year’s convention, which will be held October 26-28th, 2012 in Gainesville, FL.  Many student groups in this time have a very hard time getting any funding from their universities and that is the case with our hosting chapter in Gainesville and many traveling chapters of SDS.  This limits our ability to provide adequate travel stipends, food, housing and materials for SDS members coming to the convention.

We are asking for your help.  A donation of $50 will help get students from their campuses to the SDS National Convention this fall.

Any donation, large or small, will help make this convention successful, and will help us in our fight for better schools, better communities, a better society, and a better world.

Please Donate Here: http://www.newsds.org/?q=node/13

To learn more about our organization and what we do as a national organization, please visit
www.newsds.org
To talk to us directly email us at
Students4DemocraticSociety@gmail.com

Thank you very much for any help!!

In solidarity,

Stephanie Taylor on behalf of the National Working Committee, SDS

--
Students for a Democratic Society
@NewSDS (Twitter)

Register NOW for our 2012 National Convention - happening October 26-28 in Gainesville, FL. Go to www.NewSDS.org for info.