Thursday Meetup

Sarah Proctor

Nov 3, 2021, 10:15:43 PM11/3/21
to sdr...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Rubiers,

I am a pretty big fan of transparency. And I want to be honest with you all, we are having a bit of a tough time at SD Ruby. Energy and engagement are low and we are really struggling to book speakers. And without speakers it is difficult to promote a meetup.

When we get to this point right before the meetup and we don't have anything lined up, the conversation turns to which of the organizers can give a talk. And every time I think to myself, I don't have the time or the bandwidth to put together a talk. And neither do Rob or Patrick or Chris. And so I have to figure all of you are feeling the exact same way.

So here is my idea. Let's not.

Instead of stressing over putting together a formal presentation, let's just get together and talk. Let's talk about code, about Ruby, about work, about life. Come share something you learned, something you want to learn, something you are struggling with, or just summarize the last Medium article you read. Let's take the pressure off and get back to the thing we all have in common.

Please join us on Thursday at 7pm Pacific for an informal conversation about anything in the Ruby sphere.

Sarah Proctor
Lead Instructor

Sarah Proctor

LEARN academy

sa...@learnacademy.org
619-940-7848www.learnacademy.org

704 J Street, San Diego, CA 92101

facebook     twitter     linkedin     youtube     youtube