Rails-api and cookies...

col...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2021, 8:45:20 PM4/1/21
to SD Ruby

I am creating a modest web app with rails-api and decoupled front end. I am planning on using Devise with cookies as the most secure option for a web app (feel free to comment!) but I was wondering what the solutions are down the road for a potential mobile app.

Comments or links to helpful advice would be welcome!

Rebecca

Rob Kaufman

Apr 9, 2021, 3:05:28 AM4/9/21
to col...@gmail.com, sdr...@googlegroups.com
JWT tokens are a common way to do this. They are more stable and controlable than cookies and allow for mobile app usage. They are however more complex.