Rails projects and International Taxes

Rob Kaufman

Jan 20, 2021, 7:25:43 PM1/20/21
to sdr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends,
I miss y'all!

Notch8 is beginning a contract to build an app for a company in India. We do not include tax in our invoice because our services are not taxable in California, but as s part of that contract they are proposing to take 10.4% out as tax and issue a Tax Certificate.

We’ve been told we should be able to claim that amount back, but are not familiar with this process. Does anyone have experience with this that they could point me to or advice in this situation? Maybe this is totally normal, but we just want to make sure before we sign on the dotted line.

Best,
Rob Kaufman

Scott Olmsted

Jan 21, 2021, 9:16:41 PM1/21/21
to SD Ruby

An American company building an app for an Indian customer…now I know the world really has turned upside down.

Scott