Ruby/Rails Developer - Contract-to-Hire opportunity

Gayle Steuckrath

May 27, 2021, 1:28:28 PM5/27/21
to sdr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!
We have a new client that is seeking a Ruby on Rails developer for a 3-6 month Contract-to-hire position.  This will be 100% remote, so we will consider candidates from any location, who are willing to work Pacific Timezone hours.

If you are currently open to new work opportunities, please do one of the following:
  1. Reply with your current resume, AND call me at (949) 273-8033 to discuss further.
  2. Set up a time for us to discuss further, using this link to my calendarhttps://booking.ebsta.com/gaylesteuckrath
If you are not currently looking for new work, but know another ROR developer who is, please connect me.  We have a rewards program for referrals that turn into a successful placement!

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Gayle Steuckrath
The Carrera Agency

Office: (949) 273-8033
Mobile: (949) 584-2416

Gayle Steuckrath

Feb 10, 2022, 4:28:28 PM2/10/22
to sdr...@googlegroups.com
Hello SDRuby !
Our client is adding another Ruby/Rails developer to their team - building enterprise applications to improve their medical device customer experience.

Ruby/Rails Developer should have enterprise-scale experience working on custom projects and should be a Ruby 'evangelist' of sorts who keeps up with the latest and greatest. Developers will need to have prior experience migrating code and working with version control (Git repository).

This could be a great fit for you if you:
* Pride yourself on producing clean, easy to read, quality code
* Enjoy continuous learning thru reading, networking, attending conferences, blogs, etc
* Have the ability to quickly gain rapport with management and team members
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills

Qualifications:
* Have earned your BS Degree in Computer Science or related field. Professional experience may be substituted for all or part of academic experience.
* Have strong Ruby and Ruby on Rails (RoR) experience - including an understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances, along with other common utilities such as RSpec and Resque
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP), and the concepts of  MVC, ORM and RESTful services.
* Basic understanding of front-end technologies such as JavaScript, Angular.js, CSS and HTML
* Experience working in an Agile environment with daily stand-ups
* An understanding of DevOps is a plus (code versioning tools, code repositories (GitHub), integrating with CI/CD frameworks, cloud services in AWS architecture (AWS EC2, VPC architecture, Cloudwatch, S3, RDS), etc.
* Elixir experience is a plus
* Flexible to work off-hours to run biweekly deployments

Soft skills:
* Detail-Oriented, self-starter, motivated, organized, analytical, results-driven, with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative. In addition, punctuality is needed for scheduled dial-in team meetings.

If you are passionate about Ruby and Rails technologies, and considering a change, please  contact me to discuss the opportunity!
    1. Reply with your current resume, AND
    1. Either call me at (949) 273-8033 OR set up a time for us to discuss further, using this link to my calendarhttps://booking.ebsta.com/gaylesteuckrath

    Guyren Howe

    Feb 10, 2022, 5:34:18 PM2/10/22