Greetings fellow SD Rubyists!
The company I work for, eXp Realty (a publicly traded company, fastest growing real estate brokerage in the US, 60K+ agents) is looking to fill a key role in a new ruby org within the main engineering group. It's a huge opportunity as the first hire in this role. You'll lead the eventual team that will come on after you (combination of fte's and contractors) and will have a significant influence on the future of the web application strategy and initiatives in the company.
It would involve taking over the maintenance and iteration of two existing rails 6 apps that utilize all the new goodies like Stimulus Reflex, as well as building new projects.
The company has always been remote and even operates day to day within our own vr metaspace (a tech that we own and thought was cool way before FB!).
For those that don't like links, the summary is:
This is a rare opportunity to join our team at the beginning of a new mission. eXp is in the very early stages of crafting their next generation user experience, enabling eXp’s agents across the world to grow their business by combining timely insights with the ability to take immediate action.
We are picky about our code. Sustainability of our codebase is every bit as important as releasing features. We know that maintaining eXp’s growth trajectory depends on our ability to sustain innovation, so we want our code to be readable, maintainable, performant, reliable, and well-tested.
In this role, you will be in a position to shape and influence our new agent user experience while serving as the primary steward to our web application development patterns.
What you'll do:
- Deliver engaging, robust solutions that effectively solve the stated problem(s).
- Leverage your vast experience in Ruby/Rails to ensure that our architecture and web app development capabilities enable eXp’s continued strong growth.
- Coordinate closely with eXp’s UX, Product and mobile application teams to create a seamless and compelling user experience that effectively blends multiple devices.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- In partnership with Engineering peers, UX and Product teams, blend technology into our product roadmap that supports short-term needs and fuels long-term vision.
- Foster a culture of innovation that balances risk-taking with objective metrics and short development cycles.
We Are Looking For Someone..
- With a passion for delivering great user experiences
- Who insists on understanding the “why”
- With the technical “chops” to quickly earn the respect of the team
- Who gets just as much satisfaction by leveraging off-the-shelf technology as building custom solutions
- Who likes to squash inefficiency when they see it
- Who demonstrates high levels of accountability
- Whose positive energy and can-do attitude challenges those around her/him for the better
- Whose focus on quality has the QA team wondering why they bother to test at all
- Who loves to take the initiative, actively exploring the boundaries of their responsibilities
What you’ve done
- 3+ years in software development
- 2+ years in full-stack Ruby and Rails
- Practical experience with Postgres, Redis
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration, analytics
- Superior communication skills (we are a fully remote, global company)
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus points for...
- Application development experience using StimulusReflex, Hotwire (our current designs are based on StimulusReflex and we’re experimenting with Hotwire)
- Practical experience with Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Experience as either technical or team lead
- Experience working as part of internationally distributed teams
- CI / CD experience