SD Ruby August Meetup

Sarah Proctor

Jul 25, 2022, 1:24:36 PM7/25/22
to sdr...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone!

SD Ruby is excited to invite you to our August meetup.

RSVP on meetup

Follow us on Slack

Meeting Notes:

This month we will hear from featured speaker David Bishop, with a talk titled Oops, I Did It Again and from Charlean Baxter, with a lightning talk titled Devise Another Point of View.

Talks:

Oops, I Did It Again, How to take down an entire company in one line of code, and other frightening tales.

Devise Another Point of View, Upon installing the RubyGem Devise, developers will have authentication and authorization at their fingertips. Great functionality but the forms are not that appealing. Today we will briefly introduce ways to customize the forms using bootstrap on the Devise views.

Agenda (All times in Pacific):

7:00 - Introductions
7:15 - Featured talk
7:45 - Lightning talk
8:00 - Q&A

Speaker Details:

David Bishop, Handsome Dave to his friends, has been wrangling computers for almost 25 years. From startups to Fortune 1 companies, he has managed to leave a wake of destruction everywhere he’s gone. Currently employed as an SRE, his greatest wish is that his next mistake won’t end up in the papers. He currently lives in San Diego with his dog, Watson.

Charlean Baxter declared herself to be "Syntactical Magician" after becoming a full-stack web developer under the tutelage of LEARN Academy. However, after LEARN offered her an Associate Instructor role, she knew she also had to maintain her legal name: Charlean Baxter. Besides supporting her Amazon investment, her position exposes her to some purposeful, creative, compassionate engineers. She looks forward to giving back to the community and influencing others to celebrate each phase of their web development journey.

All Ruby experience levels are welcome.

Sarah Proctor
Director of Academic Experience

Sarah Proctor

LEARN academy

sa...@learnacademy.org
619-940-7848www.learnacademy.org

2986 Ivy St, San Diego, CA 92104

facebook     twitter     linkedin     youtube     youtube