Streaming issues with OpenMhz; error connecting.

Brandon Mace

Apr 1, 2024, 9:32:27 AMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
Ever since getting sdrtrunk set up and configuring it to stream to OpenMhz, it's been having consistent connection issues. When I look at the streaming tab after a few hours of either restarting the computer or closing sdrtrunk and reopening, it keeps saying error and then goes to connecting and then goes back to error.

I did previously set up an OpenMhz account and got an API key assigned to me but for whatever reason, cannot keep a constant connection to OpenMhz.

I also have a Broadcastify stream set up and that has been working great with no connection issues.

I checked the sdrtrunk logs and there are some lines that say [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-1] ERROR i.g.d.a.b.o.OpenMHzBroadcaster - OpenMHz API file upload fail [500] response [Talkgroup does not exist, skipping.

[sdrtrunk scheduled thread 4] ERROR i.g.d.a.b.o.OpenMHzBroadcaster - Error connecting to OpenMHz server on startup [No Response]

I tried deleting the streaming connection and setting it back up and it will work for an hour or two and then times out and won't reconnect. I do have a solid internet connection and a Dell precision computer, so I don't think those would be an issue.

Would appreciate any help if anyone else is straming to OpenMhz!

CT POLICE LIVE

Apr 1, 2024, 5:23:34 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
Are you using Version 0.6.1 Beta 1  ?  There was a OpenMHZ issue that was corrected in the beta.

CT POLICE LIVE

Apr 1, 2024, 5:30:32 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
I had the same issue, it was fixed in the Version 0.6.1 Beta 1

  •  1791 Resolves OpenMHz Broadcaster Auto-Reconnection Issue

Brandon Mace

Apr 1, 2024, 6:24:08 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
Ah yep, I am on version the 0.6.0 version currently. I will update to the beta 1 version.

I'm new to sdrdrunk.. is there anything special I have to do to upgrade to the newest version so that it brings all of my configs and settings over correctly?

David Pickard

Apr 1, 2024, 6:24:29 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
I had lots of issues with OpenMHz when I tried to use it. This doesn't solve your issue but I went back to exclusively uploading to Broadcastify calls.

CT POLICE LIVE

Apr 1, 2024, 6:38:44 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
You just have to clone your playlist file. Then load up the new sdrtrunk and add your cloned playlist.  It's simple. You don't even have to delete your old sdrtrunk folder.

It's a good habit to make backups of your playlist. I email it to myself for safe keeping.

Although If you edited your sdrtrunk file, like to add more ram for example, then you would need to edit your new sdrtrunk file too.

I had the same OPENMHZ issue and once I went to the new beta it fixed openmhz and it's been working flawlessly for months.
Message has been deleted

CT POLICE LIVE

Apr 1, 2024, 7:16:28 PMApr 1
to sdrtrunk
"Awesome, that was easy enough. Thanks a bunch!"

No problem, Glad I could help..