SDRTrunk / RadioReference Login

Andy Klesh

Apr 21, 2024, 4:45:50 AMApr 21
to sdrtrunk
I've just installed SDRTrunk on an Ubuntu system with an RTL2832U dongle. I've paid for a subscription to RadioReference, however after entering my username (not email) and password into the playlist editor Radio Reference tab, I receive a java error:

ERROR i.g.d.util.ThreadPool - Error while executing runnable in scheduled thread pool [sdrtrunk cached thread 1] java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "io.github.dsheirer.rrapi.type.UserInfo.getExpirationDate()" because "userInfo" is null

I never receive a green checkmark nor an expiration date, nor am I able to browse the Radio Reference database. It seems that no expiration date is returned?

I have been able to log into the Radio Reference site without issue.

Thanks for any assistance!

Austin Hruskach

Apr 21, 2024, 12:56:27 PMApr 21
to sdrtrunk
I Just got this one today. Error only occurs when i use correct credentials, incorrect creds give "incorrect username or password" error.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 125519.pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 125330.png

Austin Hruskach

Apr 21, 2024, 12:57:15 PMApr 21
to sdrtrunk
This error only comes up when clicking "test connection", "ok" button does nothing and shows red X next to login.

Austin Hruskach

Apr 21, 2024, 12:58:46 PMApr 21
to sdrtrunk

Garrett Hoffman

Apr 21, 2024, 4:25:03 PMApr 21
to sdrtrunk
I had the exact same problem and this is a new issue. I emailed RadioReference support and this is what I got in return.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 101324.png
I guess we'll just have to wait.

Garrett Hoffman

Apr 21, 2024, 4:25:06 PMApr 21
to sdrtrunk
I emailed them and got a reply that the issue should now be fixed. It seems fixed to me.

Andy Klesh

Apr 23, 2024, 5:53:48 AMApr 23
to Garrett Hoffman, sdrtrunk
It did fix it for me as well.