Anyone else having issues with Duplicate Call Detection and Suppression on the nightly build?

Zach Rutledge

Jun 29, 2024, 5:02:20 AMJun 29
to sdrtrunk
I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the Duplicate Call Detection and Suppression options on the nightly build (06-02-2024 build date)?

With the 0.6.0-beta build and the Talkgroup ID option turned on, I didn't get any duplicate calls played out or recorded even if they were being simulcast over multiple talkgroups and even when the calls were delayed by a second or two across different talkgroups… but with the nightly build they're playing at the same time, often with multiple repeated calls back to back to back.

This is a problem because my local network simulcasts fire/EMS calls across multiple talkgroups and sometimes I'm hearing the same page outs 2-3 times in a row!  And since it's a robot automated dispatch, it plays each call out twice, meaning sometimes I hear the same page out six times in total, ha ha.

I had to switch the nightly build since it's the only version that supports the RSPdxR2 radio, along with the newest SDRPlay API.

I also filed a post on the GitHub page but never saw any responses, so I'm not sure if it's an SDRtrunk nightly build issue, or something related to the new API for the SDRPlay radio, or what.

Steve Ries

Jun 30, 2024, 3:43:39 PMJun 30
to sdrtrunk
Why aren't you using 6.1?
The last "Nightly" was like in November on the 6th.
6.1 Beta I think supports what you need.

Zach Rutledge

Jun 30, 2024, 6:15:40 PMJun 30
to sdrt...@googlegroups.com, Steve Ries
Well dang! I didn't even know that was out. I am subscribed to the GitHub RSS feed for this but it's never showed any updates so I just go to the nightly to check for updates manually. I didn't even notice that there was another beta.

When I get to my PC later I'll definitely install 6.1 and try it out.

Sent with Shortwave

GTR8000

Jun 30, 2024, 9:02:06 PMJun 30
to sdrtrunk
The last Nightly release was not in November; that's the date when Denny first released a Nightly build. You have to actually click on it to see that the last Nightly build was from June 2nd and is in fact the very latest from the 0.6.1 Beta master branch. That's what a nightly release means, that it's automatically compiled from the latest master branch source code.

Zach Rutledge

Jun 30, 2024, 10:28:04 PMJun 30
to sdrtrunk
Just installed the 0.6.1 beta and it does not recognize my tuner. It says version 3.15 is not a valid SDRPlay API.

I previously had 3.14 and if I remember correctly it does not support the RSPdxR2, only the RSPdx.

Austin Hruskach

Jul 8, 2024, 12:31:18 PMJul 8
to sdrtrunk
I'm having the exact same issue with duplicates and playback repeats, but I already downgraded from a June nightly to 0.6.1 beta 1 a while ago and it did not resolve the issue. Should I go to 0.6.1 stable?