LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY in Nightly sdrtrunk Build

Brian Hall

May 28, 2024, 1:31:50 PMMay 28
to sdrtrunk
Hello,

Running sdrtrunk Nightly build (2024-05-04-04T22:32:09.565+0000) and after letting it run for about a day or two, the console shows repeating errors:

ERROR i.g.d.s.t.u.USBTunerController - Attempt to resubmit previous error USB transfer buffer failed with status [LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY] - this may be temporary and has happened [48828641] times so far.  Transfer buffer holding queue (error/total) [7/8]  [723MB/1GB 60%]

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and an Airspy R2. System specs: Intel Core i5-7500T @ 2.70GHz, and 16GB RAM.

I've seen this error before with prior builds, so I switched to the nightly builds, hoping that it would go away. But, I have not yet found a version of sdrtrunk that doesn't die after a day or two with these errors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Steve Ries

May 29, 2024, 1:02:10 PMMay 29
to sdrtrunk
I'm running a system with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with an I5 4570 18GB RAM with an Airspy R2 with zero issues. However I did have issues with this setup when the Airspy was doing P25 digital systems.
I moved it to NBFM only (Which actually made more sense in my situation anyways) and put the P25 Digital systems on my RTL's
Once I took P25 digital away from the Airspy the system is rock solid and only reboot it every 1.5 months or so for Windows updates. But it's up solid.
So I guess my question is, what systems are you connecting the R2 to NBFM or P25 systems?

charley....@gmail.com

May 29, 2024, 1:21:33 PMMay 29
to sdrtrunk
The i5-4570 is a marginal processor to use with SDRT and Windows, but probably OK for processing a single digital system using a R2.  The Airspy requires more system resources than RTL type SDRs, and that seems to be supported by your experience.  Bumping up to a more modern computer system would likely help.  Another thing you can try is updating the Airspy software / drivers / libraries as they may changed since you originally installed your Airspy - a dev of another software package noticed that Airspy has published some updates via their github.

Brian Hall

May 29, 2024, 1:42:51 PMMay 29
to sdrtrunk
Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I'm only monitoring a new P25 system that is in the process of coming online (https://www.radioreference.com/db/sid/12042) but has not yet been switched over to yet, so there is very minimal (if any) traffic on this new system.

CPU utilization is only at around 40% with brief spikes up to 50% while running sdrtrunk, so I don't think CPU is a limitation in this case.

On Windows, I've never had to update "Airspy software/drivesr/libraries" as you say. I just plug in my R2 and then fire up sdrtrunk.

Brian