Explain "Maximum traffic channels"

ken...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2024, 12:03:21 PM (2 days ago) Jul 28
to sdrtrunk
Could someone please explain "Maximum Traffic Channels"?

I have read the documentation.  But the program will only allow you to hear two conversations at once, left and right.  So, what am I supposed to be getting if I increase the maximum traffic channels above 2?

I have tried setting it to 2, and also tried 25, but I notice no difference.
What am I missing?

tv...@tvsjr.com

Jul 28, 2024, 12:05:51 PM (2 days ago) Jul 28
to ken...@gmail.com, sdrtrunk
The maximum number of traffic channels that will be created for that system. If you're logging a system and/or feeding something like Trunking Recorder, more than 2 is quite useful. Mine are all set to 50.

The obvious downside is that more traffic channels equals more resource utilization.

Jul 28, 2024, 12:07:56 PM (2 days ago) Jul 28
to tv...@tvsjr.com, ken...@gmail.com, sdrtrunk
SDRTrunk also plays back the channels one after another while using two audio channels. You don't just hear the two concurrent channels.

Set it to however many traffic channels you have, and if it's a Phase 2 system, double that.

GTR8000

Jul 29, 2024, 12:06:37 AM (yesterday) Jul 29
to sdrtrunk
No need to double it for TDMA sites. Each traffic channel = a whole frequency, whether FDMA or TDMA (in other words, it's not counting TDMA slots)