Alternate Alias Editor

Austin Hruskach

Jun 6, 2024, 6:02:41 PMJun 6
to sdrtrunk
I use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of RID Aliases, I want a way to bulk add RID's to my playlist. I used to use this website (certificate expired, website down) https://www.sdrtrunkbuilder.com/index.php, but that didnt work correctly and had some bugs. How can I bulk add aliases? Note: RID Labels are by department, not individual units. So rather than having "Muskegon Engine 1, Fruitport  Engine 2, Muskegon Tower 41..." it would just be MFD, FFD, MFD.

dave38...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2024, 7:41:32 PMJun 6
to sdrtrunk
I used that site in the past and had to play around with it, but was able to bulk import 100 aliases. Colors were set which I did not want and I believe I did a bulk edit in SDRT to remove the colors.

Ben Saladino

Jun 9, 2024, 1:01:17 PMJun 9
to sdrtrunk
I too use Excel spreadsheet to manage the RIDs and aliases that I've identified. I use it to program my Unication G4 and G5s as well as in several SDRTrunk setups.  I've created some buttons that run scripts that export the spreadsheet in the formats I need for the Unications and SDRTrunk.  With SDRTrunk, it's real easy to jackup your default.xlm playlist file, if you don't know what you're doing. However, I've gotten pretty comfortable with it, and if you wisely create backup copies before trying to paste stuff in, it'll save your bacon.

I also use conditional formatting to highlight entries that are duplicates or that might be too long, or contain characters that might cause problems in SDRTrunk's file.

Using the spreadsheet as the sole place to manage RIDs saves a lot of duplicate effort across several platforms.

I tried attaching a sample spreadsheet, but I guess it's too big.